Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Living for the Moment

I took a walk today with my kiddos to the school where I used to teach. Right now I'm on a leave of absence while my husband pursues medical school. He's almost done, graduating in December!! I wasn't sure when I took the leave how long I would actually stay home. I have 6 years total, and could possibly take more time off if granted.

I went in to talk with some of my friends in the school. I miss them. I stepped foot in the library, probably one of my favorite places in the school, and had some feelings rush back that I wasn't sure existed. I'm not sure if this means anything. I'm not sure that I want to go back to teaching. But there was still a spark of wanting to do something with kids. I guess I already am doing that...but something different.

But as I sit here writing this, my Peanut is sleeping across my lap. I'm watching her heartbeat pulse in her neck, listening to her breathe. She knows she's safe with me. And I feel safe with her. I love being home right now. I have no immediate feeling of rushing back into the classroom. Although it was nice being back at my former school, I'm definitely living in the moment, and it's beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment