Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Love Happens

It's pouring outside. I'm relaxed after spending time with my husband watching the movie Love Happens while holding my sleeping Peanut. And because I'm in my "safe place", I am ready to write this post.

This movie was a movie I watched at the right time in my life. It's about learning to move on in life after losing someone you love. Well, I really haven't had a hard time dealing with the loss of my two grandpas throughout my life. But I have been trying to move on from other events that are still affecting me today. I will definitely watch this movie again, trying to make sense of it again, in order to help me out.

I have been talking with a therapist about what I thought was 1 issue I am having. Although I have seen so many counselors, therapists, psychologists and more starting when I was 5 years old I knew that that 1 issue stemmed from experiences in my life that have really affected me.

I'm having to learn how to love completely and feel like I deserve the love that's shown to me. I am dealing with abandonment issues from my biological mother serving me with papers saying she wants to dissolve the parenting relationship. Up to that point our relationship was short of non-existent. But this final blow is something that still affects how I love. As life went along for me, I feel like my step-mom then "left" me when she and my dad divorced. Now I feel abandoned 2 times from 2 people who were supposed to love me unconditionally.

Well, now these situations are leaving me scared and nervous in my relationship with my husband. I get very nervous when he has relationships with other women. What if he leaves me? What if he realizes what I know; that I'm not worthy of his love and that there is someone out there who is going to make him happier. Not necessarily the best thought to have in a marriage.

Don't get me wrong. My marriage with my husband is amazing!! He is my safe place. He's more to me than anyone else. I just can't say enough about my love for him!! But I am tired of wondering when he is going to abandon me, too. So now I am talking through what things I need to do in order to move on. I want this love that I have with my husband to just happen purely. Not tainted by my fear of the past rearing it's ugly head.

This love just happened!! (That's another post!) And I want to jump in with both feet, 100%, and just love my husband! I pray that God helps me heal from my past and allows me to live freely in my future and let love happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment