Thursday, May 13, 2010

Drive Thru Difference

Not sure how many of you have heard of the Drive Thru Difference. It is truly a neat thing that is purely selfless, but may make a difference at that moment in another person's life. Listening to 98.5 KTIS (or www.KTIS.fm) out of the Twin Cities, and their encouragement to do this the first Friday of every month (or more often if you feel called to do so), was something I was excited to do. Now I am encouraging anyone who reads this to do the same.

Jesus says in Matthew 6:1-4,

“Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven. “Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you." This is one way to do that.

When you go through a drive thru for coffee or lunch or supper, whatever, pay for the person behind you! The person behind you will surely not be expecting it! You will hopefully feel joy from doing this good thing. But hopefully the surprise you give the person behind you will bring them even more joy. And they won't know you (most likely), so it will be even more of a difference...that a complete stranger would do this for another!

I have done this quite a few times. (I know, it seems like I'm boasting about it...but I'm not really. I don't tell people after I've done it...just now.) And it's fun knowing that I can make a difference in someone else's life when it seems that there isn't any other way for me to do that because of my time and schedule. Even with our financial situation we are in right now (with Bryan being a full-time medical student), we have been blessed! This is a way that I can bless others and give back to the Lord!

Listen to 98.5 KTIS if you're in MN, or online, or KLIF 107.1 or 99.5 KZZQ if you're in Des Moines! It's great music with an even better message. My hope in doing the Drive Thru Difference is to inspire those in the car behind me to turn one of these stations on, too! Turn them on to the Lord and His good news!!

So give it a try! Download a Drive Thru Difference note and make a difference in someone else's life while you're getting something for yourself! If you do it, write your experience on here! I'd love to hear about it (and it will be our little secret!)! Have fun and God bless.

1 comment:

  1. I have received this 2 times in Lakeville and have often now given back on Friday's. It made me a listener to the station! Its an awesome feeling to have someone do this for you!

    ReplyDelete