Monday, May 3, 2010

Confirmed

This last weekend I went down to see my little sister get confirmed! I'm so proud of her for making that journey with the Lord, even if she hasn't had that "ah-ha" moment with Him. Even though I'm not her sponsor, I fully intend to teach her that the Lord is there with her throughout her day, no matter what she chooses to do! At least that's how I feel, and I know it helps me. My sister hasn't had that moment in her life where her walk with God was evident.

I'm sure that everyone's walk with the Lord starts and is different. But I wonder about those that don't have Christ in their hearts. One of my little brothers says he doesn't believe. This saddens me. But as much as he doesn't want to attend church, or sing once he's there, he attends all of his family members' church functions. He was there at church to watch our sister get confirmed. He has come to my childrens' baptisms. Sometimes I wonder if he does know the Lord, just wrestles with another part of it.

My hope for my little brother is that before he leaves this earth he knows where he's going. And my hope is that it's with the Lord. I hope he confirms himself with the one who can save him!

1 comment:

  1. That is my hope for all of my/our siblings too. Well stated.

    ReplyDelete