Saturday, June 12, 2010

Love Letter to my Husband...

So you'll have to excuse me for just today. Sorry.

Dear Bryan,

You are an amazing husband (and father)! And with Father's Day coming up I wanted to write you a letter.

You are so amazing. You are such a devoted Daddy. It's so fun to watch the kids with you, and you with the kids! There is a love bubble around you when you play with them! You have taught them so much about life in the few short years you've had a chance. They look up to you so much! I love it!!

You are a full-time medical student. You come home and still make supper. You help clean up around the kitchen and house. You need to find time to study, yet you give of your time as a family man. In the early morning hours before you leave you make this wife some coffee! When you come home from what could be a long day, you leave it for a while and bring calmness into our home. You bring a sigh of relief to me as you help with the stress level in the house. Sometimes it's so high we need binoculars to see to the top, so we can climb ourselves back down.

So that brings me to the next part of this letter. The part where, as your wife, I tell you you deserve so much more! You deserve to have someone who is what you're looking for. To have someone who is beautiful, both inside and out. I'm sorry that you have to look at this every day. Your eyes must hurt. You deserve someone with the same sense of humor as you. You deserve someone who thinks of others (to put on a garage sale and donate the money to a charity). You deserve someone who will let you follow in your family's footsteps and drink whenever you want. You deserve someone who will make you coffee (sorry I don't know how yet). You deserve to come home to a calm house; one that you can come relax in. You deserve to come home to a meal already prepared. I'm sorry that I don't give you what you so very much deserve.

I hope one day you get in return ten fold of what you give to me and the kids! I wish for you a fantabulous 2010 Father's Day!

Love,
ME

No comments:

Post a Comment