Monday, January 24, 2011

The Lakeshore

I have a friend who's mom just passed away. She was young and healthy. My friend, who I haven't talked to since high school, sent me a message on Facebook to tell me the sad news. In that message he also paid me one of the nicest compliments I feel I could get paid. He said, besides his mom, I was the, "first person that really inspired me to build my faith."

Just a few weeks ago I was thinking how I wish I could inspire people. The Lord has done such marvelous things for me and I want to shout it to the world from the highest mountain!!

Then, after receiving this message, I thought, maybe I have, and I just don't know it. So I decided to make a change. I'm going to live my life in a way that I may be an inspiration to those around me, even if I never know it!

On Sunday the sermon spoke loudly to me! It was about Peter, Andrew, James and John being called to be fishers of men. To go out and tell of the Good News! Jesus told them to leave their nets, their boats, their families, and go fish for people! I don't intend to leave my family, but I intend, maybe in some small ways, to talk to others about God. About how we can have hope in him. That we can give our problems to him and allow him to carry our burdens. I want to pray for and with my friends! I want to listen to what God is telling me to do, then follow him.

Then we sang a song. A song I felt in the deepest part of my heart. I'm going to put the verses and lyrics down to read. I pray that whoever reads them takes them to heart and can feel a difference in their faith!

You Have Come Down to the Lakeshore

You have come down to the lakeshore
seeking neither the wise nor the wealthy,
but only asking for me to follow.

(chrous)
Sweet Lord, you have looked into my eyes;
kindly smiling, you've called out my name...
On the sand I have abandoned my small boat;
now with you, I will seek other seas.

You know full well what I have, Lord;
neither treasure, nor weapons for conquest.
Just these my fishnets and will for working.

(chrous)

You need my hands, my exhaustion,
working love for gthe rest of the weary --
a love that's willing to go on loving.

(chorus)

You, who have fished other waters;
you,the longing of souls that are yearning;
O loving Friend, you have come to call me.

(chorus)
Sweet Lord, you have looked into my eyes;
kindly smiling, you've called out my name...
On the sand I have abandoned my small boat;
now with you, I will seek other seas.

No comments:

Post a Comment