Monday, October 11, 2010

Treat your Ta-Tas!! After all, it is Breast Cancer Awareness Month!

That's what I did yesterday! You know, with this whole nursing thing, my boobs just don't fit into the bras I have...except the nursing ones. Well, I'm done with those. They are the most unattractive thing to hold how many pounds of milk and fat in! (Although they are nice when we're out in public.)

So I decided to go shopping for some lift-me-ups!! I walked in the store and the first thing I said was, "Hi. I am wondering if you could measure me!" How often does that happen? I felt kind of like a moron. But that's her job, you know! So she walked me away from the check-out counters. I figured she was going to take me to a fitting room or something. NOPE! Just a few feet away behind a rack of bras. LOL Ok, I guess:)

So she gave me my measurements and just started picking away. I was quite surprised at the cup size she had me at, but I figured she knew best, and we would just go try on these ta-ta holders! But as she kept grabbing more, they were not what I was expecting. I looked down the wall at the ones they had, and there were 3 colors to choose from: white, black, nude. Ahhhh, but they did have nude ones with frilly lace. Or white ones with see-through sides. Now there's a fancy, sexy bra! NOT.

Oh well. I figured I would try them on, make sure they fit and were comfortable, then just go back and choose the ones I like in a different pattern. So off to the changing room I went. And man is that an experience ; ) After nursing 4 kids, my pretties look like, well, not pretty! As I was putting on these bras, though, I was noticing that my these cups were HUGE! Ok, ring the doorbell and ask for a different size.

Whew! That did it! They fit perfectly. So I got them and went out to see if they had these styles in different patterns. Nope! Just plain old boring ones. I guess when women get to be my size they don't need to feel sexy. No pink ones. No zebra striped ones. White. Nude. Black. Those were my choices. So I went with one of each color! I figure I still need to treat my ta-tas, even if they might not be as sexy as smaller ones.

I encourage all women out there to treat your ta-tas. We all think about getting new jeans or a new dress. Well, wearing one of my new boulder holders today, I feel just an ounce sexier! That's enough for me! So go do it! And allow yourself to feel good about yourself no matter what your shape and size is!

No comments:

Post a Comment