Thursday, October 28, 2010

Peace and Tranquility

Every day I'm going to (try to) allow myself at least 10 minutes of peace and tranquility. I've found what works for me!! Now it's just finding the time, then finding the time with no kids around. Not impossible, but challenging!

Well, I've done it two times this week! I turn on 'Soundscapes' (channel 88-29 on our tv). I turn off all the lights. We have a nice size window on our back wall where I can just zone out to the trees dancing around, the squirrels playing a game of tag, the clouds rolling by like waves. I get lost in those moments. My mind turns blank, which hardly ever happens. For those 10 minutes (sometimes more) I don't have to succumb to the "To-Do List" that hounds my mind constantly throughout the day and night. My shoulders relax. I hold my baby (sometimes) and stroke her hair. It's just now getting long enough to barely wrap around her ear. Her skin is so incredibly soft. And she smells so sweet (although it is some breastmilk spilled over, it is so sweet smelling). I drink the coffee that my husband makes for me in the morning in the most incredible mug I've ever had (another post to come on that!), just being so grateful that I have a husband who loves me enough to make coffee for ME!

The music just soaks up the stress that has come upon my shoulders and arms and face and neck from the morning.

What a wonderful feeling of peace and tranquility!

No comments:

Post a Comment