Thursday, November 11, 2010

A Slight Bit Snobby (and a Tad Judgemental)

So, let me start by saying I know I should not judge others. And there really should be no "BUT"! BUT, some people make it easier for me to do that. So let me next say this: Lord, please forgive me for judging, as that is only your doing. Please give me strength to love one another as you love me.

Ok, so, I start out by heading to the library for story time. We do this pretty much every Thursday morning. As I pull up, there are 2 cars in the parking lot. Hmm...wonder if the library is closed. Doh! It's Veteran's Day! Well, I'll go back and get my money to deposit it at the bank. On my way there I wonder if the bank is a business that stays open on this honoring holiday! NOPE! LOL Oh well. We're already on the way to a fun park at this point, and the kids are dressed to be outside anyways, so let's go to the park!!


At this point, I am wishing Veteran's Day was tomorrow!!! Another mom and her 2 kids who usually attend story time on Thursdays were right behind me at the park! And this is a mom who talks with a 12" voice IN the library...and talks that way AT her kids, not TO her kids. (Uh oh, I feel the judgmental tone in my voice already!) Ok, well, she could have gone home, but chose to go to the park with her kids! (That was my thought anyways.) Nope! She lets her kids out (maybe 3 and 4 years old) and sits back down in the passenger seat to read. Her kids are easily 100 yards away on this climbing thing that is quite high!! And she's in her car, not only not interacting with her kids, but not even paying attention!! Well, needless to say, once her son moved on to the play equipment he ended up falling. I'm glad I was there to help him, but that shouldn't be my job.

Well, at the same time as this mom from the library is coming behind me, another mom and her boyfriend/friend step out of the car with their two little ones, probably 3 and the other was 2 (I did talk to her a little...let me stress LITTLE bit). They both walk through the park to the playground equipment smoking! I HATE THIS!!!!!
This is after they put their kids' coats on, blowing smoke in their faces! GRRRR!!!!!

You know, endanger your own lives, if that's what you so choose, but spare your babies. And spare mine and the children that are with me, too!


So needless to say, I really wasn't in a playing mood! But we're at the park. The kids are having fun. So I'll stay. I'm just keeping my distance from the smokestacks that continue to blow smoke in my clean air! (I know, I'm bad, aren't I?)

Well, my little man decided to have an accident at that time! So, time to go. We did get to play for about 25 minutes. But I do wish I would have chosen another park to go to! Maybe things would have played out differently. Not sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment